Bessie Marie After


Category: Tag:

Early Sketch

Size: 16″ x 20″


Bessie Marie, after modification from a three master, heading for the fat (seal hunt).

The last three masted schooner built in Newfoundland.

Built by E.K. Mills in Burlington, Notre Dame Bay in 1929, 152 registered tons, official number 157389, owned by Ashbournes Limited of Twillingate in 1940. Cast away and stripped at Twillingate in the 1970s.